Friday, May 25, 2012

"Fit Moms For Life" by Dustin Maher Book Review

 

I'd like to tell you about Dustin Maher, America's Trainer to Moms, who sent me his book Fit Moms For Life: How to Have Endless Energy to Outplay Your Kids to review! See the video below about what you can expect from this book.




Fit Moms for Life is perfect for Mothers (and women in general) who want a fitness program that works. Dustin Maher says:



  • Traditional Cardio Doesn’t Lose Fat
  • You Can’t Work Out to Compensate for Poor Eating
  • See Results 9 Times Faster With Burst Training
  • Learn ONE Exercise That Shrinks a Waistline WITHOUT diet changes
  • Burn Fat While You Sleep
  • A Healthy Environment Equals A More Fit Family
I am in love with Dustin Maher (don't tell my husband!). He is one good looking guy, but that's not why I love him. Here's why: his book told me I could kiss my preconceived notions about cardio goodbye. That's right, wave goodbye to 45-minute elliptical sessions and jogging on the treadmill till all you want to do is eat half a dozen donuts at the Krispy Kreme around the corner because you are starving! Essentially, that's Maher's point: cardio makes you fat because, among other reasons, it just makes you hungry and then you justify that muffin at Starbucks.

Dustin says that instead of hours of cardio, the key to a good fitness routine for weight loss is a mix of strength training with heavy weights and burst cardio which takes interval training, a popular cardio fitness method, to the next level. I don't want to give away all his secrets, you will have to order the book to understand more about this mind shift in exercise, but I will say one more thing about the weight lifting. LADIES: Lifting heavy weights will not bulk you up!! Dustin's book talks about the science and research behind these two key components and they make so much sense. I'm really seeing results as I make these changes to my own workout routine, including increased energy throughout the day, and not being so hungry after workouts. I can't wait to see more results as I continue on my journey.

Before you can start on the physical path to fitness and changing the way you work out, you must work through making the emotional, mental, and lifestyle changes that are necessary for success. This book has four chapters to help you work through the change from within that is essential to losing weight, keeping it off, and being the fit moms our kids deserve to have. I always want to be able to keep up with my kids. Like Dustin says in his book, it starts with putting on our own oxygen mask first. Making time for yourself IS being a better mom to your kids.

Dustin also talks to you about nutrition, forming a basic workout routine, changing your environment, including your family in your journey, and surrounding yourself with a support group. I also love the many personal success stories in the book from Dustin's clients, including great before and after pictures. After you read the book Dustin offers other tools to help you succeed, such as bonus materials available online and several DVD workout series that can include baby, friends, or just you and your awesome self! 

 Be sure to visit Dustin at his Facebook and Twitter pages!

 ***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way.  ***

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate