Friday, May 11, 2012

Butter Beads Design Studio Review


Ellie started making jewelry 11 years ago for herself, and loved it so much she kept on creating pieces but eventually had way more than she would ever wear herself. Ellie loves the flexibility that comes with having an online business; it allows her to stay at home with her kids as she keeps making her unique creations. I met Ellie at an adjacent booth at a craft fair; she was really easy to talk to and we had a great time getting to know each other between sales. I interviewed Ellie for this post and here are some things she had to say about her jewelry business:

What materials do you work with?  I work mostly with freshwater pearls, natural stones and glass beads for weaving; sterling silver findings.
Who do your items appeal to?  The pieces appeal to women of all ages; I have Grandmas that come back again and again, but I'm very popular with my teenage nieces and their friends too. My style is pretty casual and simple, but with lots of color.
What is your best seller?  My best seller is either the handwoven choker with the button clasp or the Akimbo necklace in the giveaway. The choker is a guaranteed to get you compliments and the long Akimbo is so versatile that its like 4 necklaces in one!
Do you take custom orders?  I love to do custom orders for people, especially for a special occasion. I want customers to have exactly what they want in color, style and fit.  
What is the most rewarding part of your business?  I meet incredible women everywhere I go; people that I would never meet in my ordinary life as a homeschool teacher and stay at home mom. 


  
Now on to this awesome necklace I was given to review. This is my absolute favorite new piece of jewelry. It is by far the most diverse piece in my collection. It can be worn three ways! As an 18 inch necklace, wrapped twice for a choker look or by using this neat trick to add a pendant or a Butter Beads woven ring:



 I love that this necklace goes with anything. I'm normally pretty simple with my jewelry, picking basic silver, black, or brown pieces to go with what I'm wearing, but I love throwing in a pop of color now and again. This necklace is going to be a great addition to my spring wardrobe. I also love the texture of this necklace. The beads are smoothy and shiny and have a fun zig-zag spiral design, so the necklace looks very professional, not all like anything I could ever string together with a home-made bead kit. Ellie is truly a talented jewelry designer! Here are some other things I love from Butter Beads:





Buy it!
Visit Butter Beads on Etsy to buy the perfect summer accessory!

 ***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way.  ***

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate