Friday, September 9, 2011

Artisan Feature: Phenomenal Creations


Phenomenal Creations owner and artist Amber is a "jill of all trades" and a crafter with 20 years experience. Watching her grandmother crochet and her mother sew since she was a child, Amber has followed in their footsteps and over the years dabbled in all sorts of craft niches from jewelry making to candle making, hair bows, felt appliques, and more. In Charlotte, NC you can find Phenomenal Creations in The Village Emporium. Her store on Etsy.com is so much fun to browse with all its different and unique creations, it is a candy land of color with something for everyone. The majority of her sales come from custom orders, so if you see something similar in her shop to what you looking for, feel free to message her and she will work with you to make you something perfect. If you are a crafter yourself you can find supplies such as fabric yo-yos, useful in creating all sorts of projects. Another popular item in the shop for embellishment and crafting are these rolled fabric flowers:
 One of my favorite areas of the shop is Amber's jewelry. She has some great pendants and personalized bottle cap necklaces. These items would be a great gift for kids, teens, or anyone who has a funky, retro side. Custom order your college mascot or bring out the kid in you with one of her Winnie-the-Pooh pendants. I usually wear traditional jewelery, which I can find in her shop too, but I love this spooky tree pendant for a Halloween accessory:

Phenomenal creations also has great gift items for the ladies in your life, as well as for a treat for yourself, such as candles, bath salts, soaps, and laundry soap. Amber sent me a bag of her unscented laundry soap to review. The laundry soap comes in powdered form in a plastic bag inside a reusable cloth bag (I think I'll put my clothes pins in there when it is empty!) and will wash up to 14 medium sized loads and double that if you have an HE machine. Amber's soap is:
  • 100% Natural, free of chemicals, petroleum products, phosphates, and sulfates
  • Environmentally safe and biodegradable
  • Gentle on sensitive/irritable skin (unscented is best)
  • Great for baby clothes as well as linen and cloth diapers
I love the natural smell of non-chemical powder soap; it's that clean laundry, fresh out of the dryer scent that everyone loves. If you like scented laundry, Amber also offers over 20 custom scents to choose from.
I used the soap she sent me to wash some of my kiwi Logan's clothes. The clothes came out smelling great and looking as clean as with any other detergent. I didn't notice any leftover stains, and I feel good about reducing my impact on the environment by using this detergent as well. The rest I plan on taking along on our camping trip to the mountains of Idaho in case we need to wash any clothes at the laundry mat half way through. It is the perfect size for travel and we don't have to worry about spilling liquid soap. I would definitely thinking about buying this in a scented version for a gift for someone who is harder to shop for like my grandma or my dad.

Visit Phenomenal Creations at:


Enter to win a Set of 3 bags of laundry detergent, a $17 value, from Phenomenal Creations,
in the North Carolina Artisans Event
HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate