Friday, July 6, 2012

Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker Review

Michael Reeves, Future Executive Director with The Pampered Chef,  has come to our home twice now to host his dinner parties and introduce my friends and I to The Pampered Chef products. His most popular show is Dinner in 29 minutes or Less; for us he has hosted a Grilling party and a Cooking for Kids party. If you live in the Raleigh, NC area (Michael is based out of Warrenton, NC) I highly recommend using Michael as your independent Pampered Chef consultant. He has a charismatic and engaging personality. He can easily win a room over and get everyone laughing with his sense of humor and Paula Deen-like southern charm.

 Michael's office hours are 10-1 EST M-F and you can contact him at 252-257-4632 to set up your show!

So that you can see what a great addition one of P.C.'s most popular items is to any kitchen, Michael gave me The Pampered Chef's Deep Covered Baker to review. Crafted from stoneware right here in the USA, this baker is extremely versatile, quickly and perfectly cooking everything from vegetables and tender meat, to delicious desserts.
Here's The Pampered Chef's description of the product:
Bake a 5-lb. chicken or turkey breast, 4-lb. roast, casseroles and more! Unglazed on the inside for perfect baking, glazed on the outside for perfect presentation. Lid inverts into baker for space-saving storage. 12 1/2" x 9 1/2" x 5 1/2", 12 1/2 cups.

About Stoneware:

  • Evenly distributes heat and draws moisture away from the surface
  • Retains heat, so your just-out-of-the-oven foods stay hot longer
  • Virtually nonporous, so it doesn't retain oils, odors or flavors
  • Microwave-, freezer-, and conventional and convection oven-safe

This amazing piece of stoneware does it all! One of its best features is that it can be used in the microwave so you can get dinner on the table fast (we are talking a matter of minutes!). With a baby in the house, I often get so caught up with discovering new things and learning to crawl that time gets away from me. Five o'clock rolls around and I have forgotten all about getting dinner ready for myself and my husband. I have watched Michael at a pampered chef show throw in a roll of pork loin and a marinade and have juicy tender hot pork on the table 25 minutes later. I could hardly believe how good it tasted. That's why I love the idea of using this Deep Covered Baker more often.

Here is what I've done with my covered baker in just one week:

Oven-cooked a traditional Sunday roast:
      I left this in to cook while we went to church and had a few people over to eat after. Everyone said it was very good. I liked that the potatoes and carrots I threw in with the meat were not too soggy or mushy after cooking for so long. They were perfectly cooked.

Microwaved a hot dip for an office party:
     My husband had an office party and wanted to make hot buffalo chicken dip. He took the ingredients to work and it only took 9 minutes in the microwave to have a perfect hot and creamy dip. He said it saved him the annoying task of having to stir a clumpy re-heated dip from home every few minutes while warming. Additionally, cleanup was a breeze, even for a cheesy dip.

Microwaved a quick and easy dessert for a small group: 
     I am not a baker but with this product I will never complain about having to make a dessert again. This was so easy! All I did was stir together a few ingredients and pop it into the microwave for 11 minutes. For putting in just a bit of mix I could hardly believe that it rose so high in the baker. The cake was so light and fluffy and perfectly moist. It also had fewer calories than a normal cake because the recipe said I could leave out the oil and the milk, which my waistline appreciated.

 Microwaved a whole chicken for dinner:
   In less than a half hour I went from refrigerated raw chicken to this delicious vegetable roast chicken. It was so tender and juicy and the potatoes were cooked perfectly again. This was such an easy dinner and now I have chicken for sandwiches the rest of the week. I may be doing this one every week. My only criticism is that I usually like a crisper skin if I'm going to eat a whole chicken. Normally I would broil meat in the oven to crisp the skin but this product says it is not to be used under the broiler, a slight drawback, but its amazing versatility more than makes up for that. 


I really love the convenience of being able to use my microwave for more that just heating leftovers. I don't have to wait for my oven to preheat, I could just pop it in and go back to playing with my little kiwi. I can hardly praise this baker enough about how easily it cleaned up. More than any other household chore I hate doing dishes. Even after roasting meat for over 3 hours it still only took less than a minute to clean my baker. How awesome is that? I would recommend this product to any busy family looking to save some time on dinner prep!


***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive the product above to test in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way.  I am in no way liable for any injuries that may result from the use or misuse of this product.***

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate