Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fiori Designs Review




Fiori Designs Etsy shop sent Logan a hat for review. Fiori Designs' focus is mainly amazing hair accessories for girls but they also have some great things for the coming fall for our little guys too! Shop owner and artist Liz started making headbands just before her daughter's first birthday. Liz told me that after having two boys, she was super excited to have a baby girl to dress up in all the pretty things she'd seen in boutiques, but not so excited about how pricey some of the things for little girls are, thus she began creating her own items and eventually selling them on Etsy. Liz loves trying out new things, learning new techniques, and making beautiful things.


One of my favorite trends for baby girls right now is sewn flowers. Liz uses dupioni silk to create elegant hair pieces, perfect for upcoming Christmas photos, weddings, special occasions, or everyday use for us girly-girls. She also makes use of rhinestones, pearls, and re-purposed vintage jewelry as embellishments. Accessories with feathers are also a big trend right now.



For the little gentlemen in your life, Liz creates beanie hats using unique fabric patterns that you won't see on every baby such as skulls, boom-boxes, and graphic prints. I love traditional baby designs and modern ones alike, so if you are anything like me, you'll love her designs. My son Logan's style can definitely be described as preppy punk, so Liz sent us a gray and black striped skull print beanie to review. The sewing work was impeccable, I could not even tell inside from outside, which is always great when in a hurry anyway. I put it on the baby and he didn't immediately try to tear it off his head like other hats, another plus! The hat was double layered for added warmth and had room to grow, I just folded the edge to get the perfect fit on my little guy. The hat we received for review is Fiori Designs best seller for boys. He best seller for little ladies is her "fiona" headband.

Logan in his hat from Fiori Designs

Liz loves to work on custom orders and is always excited to work with a new customer and make them happy with her work. When I interviewed her, Liz told me "It's humbling, because I started doing this for my own enjoyment. So when something I made makes someone else feel as happy as I do, well that's a cool feeling!" I'm always excited to find shops like Fiori Designs, where a stay-at-home mom like Liz finds a much needed creative outlet and creates true works of art. Keep an eye on more great things to come from this shop!


***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way.  ***

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate