Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tom's Of Maine Toothpaste Review

Tom's Of Maine sent me their Simply White Natural Fluoride toothpaste in clean mint which was introduced to the marketplace this last April.

Tom's had this to say about their product:
  • No artificial preservatives, parabens, poloxamer, gluten, or artificial ingredients
  • No animal testing or animal ingredients
  • American Dental Association Seal of Acceptance (a first for any natural whitening toothpaste)
  • 10% of Tom's net profits go back to the community
It retails for 4.99 for 4.7 oz. and is also available in Sweet Mint.

I like to use some of Tom's of Maine's other natural products and I try to choose natural and organic products for my family and household when I can. I have been sceptical about using natural toothpaste so I was interested to see if Tom's could change my mind. My mother has always used natural toothpaste and growing up I couldn't stand using her choices. They never foamed, which I liked, felt gritty, and tasted bad. I always felt like I was rubbing baking soda on my teeth which I could have done for a lot less money.

Tom's toothpaste is nothing like natural toothpastes I have tried in the past. It foamed just the right amount. I noticed that compared to how much my current toothpaste foamed, Tom's wasn't nearly as foaming and I preferred that because I didn't have to spit into the sink multiple times while I brushed. I liked not having to spit until I was done. The minty taste was not overwhelming like some pastes I've tried and it did not leave a bad aftertaste in my mouth. My teeth felt clean and as for the whitening, only time will tell but I consider it a bonus to choosing a natural paste.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised with Tom's Of Maine's Simply White Fluoride toothpaste and would use it again. I will definitely be recommending it to my mother!

**Please note: I received no form of monetary compensation for this review. I did receive a sample of the product to try. All opinions are my own and were not influences in any way.

1 comment:

  1. Being a dentist, I could say I love this toothpaste and use it. I'm a new follower to your website. Come check mine out at www.the-mommyhood-chronicles.com
    Twitter: dentistmel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate