Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pinteresting: Jewelry Organizer

I don't know about you, but my jewelry has been piling up on my dresser, and often where the same things day to day because I have no idea what I have. As a blogger, I often receive great jewelry to review and it then gets added to the pile. I've had one of those jewelry pouches, a compartment box, etc. to try to organize stuff, but as the saying goes: "out of sight, out of mind." I wanted a better way to actually see what I have.

I love pinterest! There have been so many options and ideas for jewelry organizers popping up on boards, that I picked a few favorites and set out to create my own!

The Inspiration:


The Final Creation:



To keep the project budget friendly, I frequented goodwill until I found a vintage style frame with some texture. I removed the glass and wrapped a pillowcase I wasn't using around the cardboard backing. This means I can easily change the background if I want! I safety pinned it taunt and then put it back in the frame. I used pins leftover from the flowers at my wedding to pin jewelry in place. I like using the pins because I can keep "sets" on one pin and other matching jewelry close by. I can slide jewelry off the pins to use, or remove the pin to take stuff off, either way. I love being able to see what I have, and it holds a surprisingly large amount of jewelery!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate